Cheesy Sausage Penne
Brace yourselves. This is one of my family’s all time favorite meals ever. I make this for dinner and they rise up and call me blessed. Seriously, this is one good meal. Serve it with a salad and some crunchy garlic bread and it’ll be the closest thing to heaven that you can get. You think I’m exaggerating, don’t you? Trust me on this. You need to make this recipe. Disclaimer – this is not low on calories, by any means. It’s totally worth it, anyway.
- 1 pound bulk Italian sausage
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 1 jar (26 ounces) spaghetti sauce
- 1 package (1 pound) uncooked penne pasta
- 1 package (8 ounces) cream cheese, softened
- 1 cup (8 ounces) sour cream
- 4 green onions, sliced
- 2 cups (8 ounces) shredded cheddar cheese
- In a large skillet, cook the sausage over medium heat until meat is no longer pink. Add garlic; cook 1 minute longer. Drain. Stir in spaghetti sauce; bring to a boil. Reduce heat; cover and simmer for 20 minutes.
- Meanwhile, cook pasta according to package directions; drain. In a small bowl, combine the cream cheese, sour cream and onions.
- In a greased shallow 3-qt. baking dish, layer half of the pasta and sausage mixture. Dollop with half the cream cheese mixture; sprinkle with half the cheddar cheese. Repeat layers.
- Bake, uncovered, at 350° for 30-35 minutes or until bubbly.
More Mac and Cheese, please!