No doubt you’ve seen the “8 Things About Me” meme that’s been going around. Margaret, AKA Minnesota Mom, tagged me for this one. I’ve been pondering this for a few days, because I
just don’t like to talk about myself at all have told you all just about everything already. Surely there is some tidbit of information about me that I haven’t divulged. So here we go…
“For this meme, each player lists 8 facts/habits about themselves. The rules of the game are posted at the beginning before those facts/habits are listed. At the end of the post, the player then tags 8 people and posts their names, then goes to their blogs and leaves them a comment, letting them know that they have been tagged and asking them to read your blog.”
1. I went to the same high school as Kathy Ireland and Anthony Edwards. They are both older than me, but I had the same English teacher as Anthony Edwards. Do you all remember the band Toad the Wet Sprocket? Most of the members of that band also went to my high school and I was pretty good friends with the lead singer.
2. I have a degree in Speech Communications and I’ve been trained by the Army as a small group instructor. My husband was a debater in high school and also started a speech degree. Put us together and you get children who Never. Stop. Talking. Ever. They even talk in their sleep.
3. I’m short. Well, not just short, but short short. If you read the sign in the petite section of the store it says ” 5’4″ and under”. Which still leaves me with 4″ to hem off my pants.
4. I have been to North Korea, spent the night north of the Arctic Circle, seen pandas in China and walked across the Bridge Over the River Kwai.
5. Pancho Villa is rumored to be in my family tree. My grandpa swears that PV is my grandmother’s uncle. Then again, I’ve also heard him say that his grandmother rode with PV. Maybe that’s how he met my grandma? I swear I don’t make this stuff up.
6. I don’t like to cook.
7. I need to have a cup of vanilla chai every morning. This is a non-negotiable. Just one cup, though, or the dairy it contains will give me a stomachache.
8. I am a list maker and writer-down of everything. I keep a Mead notebook with dividers and pockets to help me keep track of things. I start a new one every year, with a different color cover than the year before. I started this about 3 years ago when one of my main grief symptoms was short term memory loss. I’ve always been a list writer, though, and having all my lists and reminders and random thoughts in one place has been very helpful. Now if only I could remember where I put the darn thing…
Now this is the part where I’m supposed to tag 8 more people. The problem is, the blogs I read are all read by the same people and I can’t remember who’s been tagged already. Plus, Some Other People that I’d love to tag don’t have blogs. I’m talking to you, Carol and Jen(s). So here’s the deal, if you’re reading this -Tag!, you’re it! Now go out and start yerself a free blog and get busy.