Craft Room Do Over

by Lorri on January 5, 2014 · 7 comments

in Corners of My Home

I was thrilled that we bought a house that would give me a craft room. I envisaged many days of crafting bliss in a neat and tidy room. All my supplies at my finger tips and a cat sleeping peacefully nearby.

Four and half years after moving in, the room looked like this.
CraftRoomBefore1

Don’t just stand there at the door! Come in, come in.  On your left…more junk!

CraftRoomBefore2

Don’t forget to look to your right and notice my nice work table.

CraftRoomBefore3

Behind you is the closet and don’t miss the lovely pile in front of the window.

CraftRoomBefore4 CraftRoomBefore5

Pretty horrid, isn’t it.

The room was never more than a glorified storage room and everyone just kept adding to it.

I was so over it. I actually hated it. So I decided to overhaul it.

Step one, empty the whole room. Everything but the bakers rack and one drawer unit were removed. Then we painted it. By “we”, I mostly mean the husband. And by paint, I mean pink! It is my signature color, according to Pumpkin Girl, so why not?

PinkCraftRoom

It’s super hard to photograph because of the way the light comes into the room, so take my word for it – it’s a very lovely shade of pink.

I am very much enjoying my pink craft room and ignoring the fact that the entire contents of the room still need to be dealt with.

More Mac and Cheese, please!

{ 7 comments }

Amy January 7, 2014 at 10:29 am

Love the Pink! Can’t wait to see more!
Amy recently posted..#WIP #ggkcraftypad #hueshiftafghan #knitpicksMy Profile

Ellen T. January 8, 2014 at 5:54 am

I love the pink walls, though I don’t think I could sell any shade of pink to my husband.
Can’t wait to see your progress.

Sandy January 8, 2014 at 8:49 pm

Can’t wait to see the finished product, Lorri. I just put together a little office for myself; it’s so great to have space to do my work. You’re going to love it when it’s done. PS- Did you get the invite to my new blog?

Lorri January 16, 2014 at 2:29 pm

I did get the invite, Sandy! I just have to remember to head over there on a regular basis.

jani January 10, 2014 at 9:30 pm

This reminds me… I think I started reading you when you were decluttering your home in DC.
It regroups so quickly doesn’t it.

Lorri January 16, 2014 at 2:28 pm

I am constantly decal uttering, aren’t I? Sigh. I’m hoping that since we’ve stopped moving that we can get a real handle on what we have and need vs what we don’t need.

jani January 23, 2014 at 6:04 am

Decal uttering!!! Ha! :)

The thing is, your family is growing, changing, etc. I don’t think you can get a handle on it till they grow up and move out. At least you can move on from baby stuff… That’s a whole bunch of decluttering right there.

Comments on this entry are closed.

Previous post: